Monday, February 25, 2008

Cottage Cheese and Egg Custard

I have been looking for a good breakfast that is quick and easy with protein. I found this recipe and decide to try it. It is really yummy with plenty of protein. I make these on Sunday evening and have them for the week. I simply heat a couple of them up in the morning for about 30 seconds in the microwave and have them with an English muffin. Very yummy and healthy breakfast.



Cottage Cheese and Egg Custard
From: http://www.recipezaar.com/278257

Ingredients
1 cup low fat cottage cheese
3 eggs or 6 egg whites (I used egg beaters)
1/2 cup shredded 2% cheddar cheese , divided
fresh herbs , such as tarragon, parsley (optional) or chives (optional) or fresh spinach , chopped (optional) - I used chopped spinach

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 F.

Place cottage cheese and eggs in a blender and run on medium speed for 1 minute or until fully combined.

Add half of the cheddar cheese and blend for 10 seconds.

Pour mixture into a bowl and fold in the remaining cheese and herbs or spinach (if using) with a spoon.

Pour into muffin pan and bake 40 to 45 minutes, until puffy and starting to brown.

=^..^=

1 comment:

Angie Eats Peace said...

great recipe! I will have to try, thanks!