Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Toffee Pecan Pie



I had never made a pie before and I wanted to make a pecan pie for Thanksgiving. There are many recipes out there and I took a little from different ones to create my own. I was very pleased with how it turned out. The toffee bits add an extra crunch, which I love.

Toffee Pecan Pie

INGREDIENTS
1 frozen pie crust
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup dark corn syrup
3 large eggs
2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans (about 6 ounces)
1/2 cup of toffee bits

DIRECTIONS
1. Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400º.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the butter, sugar, corn syrup, eggs, vanilla, and salt.
3. Cover the bottom of the piecrust evenly with the pecans and toffee bits. Pour in the filling.
4. Bake the pie, rotating it halfway through, until the crust is golden and the filling is set in the middle, about 45 minutes. Let the pie cool on a wire rack for at least 45 minutes.

No comments: