Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin

I decided to make the hubby a nice dinner for his birthday. Since his birthday fell on a Monday and his mom was already planning to take us to dinner, I made a special birthday dinner for him the Sunday before. I decided to search Pinterest for something good to make. I ran across a Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin that was pretty popular in the Pinterest world and sounded quite good. It was very good and definitely something we will make again. I would make the glaze for other meats as well.

IMG_9948

Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin

Ingredients:
1 (2 pound) boneless pork tenderloin (or regular pork loin)
1 teaspoon ground sage
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 cup water

Glaze
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons soy sauce

Directions:
Combine sage, salt, pepper and garlic. Rub over roast. Place in slow cooker with 1/2 cup water. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. About 1 hour before roast is done, combine ingredients for glaze in small sauce pan. Heat and stir until mixture thickens. Brush roast with glaze 2 or 3 times during the last hour of cooking. Serve with remaining glaze on the side.

Recipe Source: adapted slightly from C&C Marriage Factory (bookmarked via Pinterest)

I did make a slight modification: I didn't have any sage, so I used Rosemary instead.

IMG_9943

No comments: