Monday, April 23, 2012

Sangria

I decided I wanted to make some Sangria for Easter. I love sangria ever since I first had it while I studied abroad in Spain while in college. I looked through pinterest for different recipes and settle on a very simple one. It was quite good.

IMG_9433

Sangria

1 bottle red wine, chilled
lemon juice
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup sugar ((or less..to taste))
1/2 lemon, sliced
1/2 lime, sliced
1 small orange, sliced
1/2 cup strawberries, cut in half
10 oz. ginger ale

Directions:
Pour bottle, or three cups, of wine into large pitcher. Stir in sugar, orange juice, and a few squirts of lemon juice.

Take sliced lemon, lime, & orange and put into pitcher. Stir.

Let chill in refrigerator for several hours, or overnight.

Just before serving, add strawberries & ginger ale.

Recipe Source: Adapted from Oh Sweet Joy!

The original recipe calls for club soda but other recipes I looked at used ginger ale and I like ginger ale so I went with that instead. I also didn't have any orange juice on hand, so I used a tropical juice that I already had.

No comments: