Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Rumbly Tumbly Brownie Trifle

For a holiday party, I decided to make a dessert. I thought I would try something I hadn't made before. I searched Allrecipes.com for different holiday desserts and came across a few different trifle desserts. I adapted a few of them and made my own trifle. It was pretty good.



Rumbly Tumbly Brownie Trifle

Ingredients
1 (19.8 ounce) package brownie mix
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese softened
1-1/2 cups whipping cream
1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
1. Prepare brownie mix according to the package directions. Cool completely. Cut into 1 inch squares.

2. Beat cream cheese, whipping cream, and vanilla extract in a large bowl at medium speed with a whisk attachment.

3. In a trifle bowl, layer half of the brownies and half of the cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Top with chocolate candy on chocolate cookie crumbs (I used Joe Joe crumbs to top).

1 comment:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Wow - that looks delicious! I always have issues making my trifle layers looking even and perfect... what's your secret?! Here's wishing you a very Merry Christmas from our family to yours :)